CERTIFICATION ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION:
1. Qualification and current registration: The candidate must provide documentation of having completed an official accredited training program within their area of clinical expertise and documentation of applicable registration status at their respective governing College. The candidate must also demonstrate that they are currently in good standing with their respective college and hold autonomy to practice with no limitations at the time of examination.
2. C-CAT Exam: In order to qualify for the C-CAT examination the candidate must have completed the CMLE Certification examination & CMLE Online Course in the prior 12 months at the time of application. No substitutions for this training will be accommodated in any circumstance.
CERTIFICATION REGISTRATION PROCESS:
1. Individuals must complete the C-CAT registration form
3. The Certification Coordinator will email you if there are any issues with your registration form
4. The Certification Coordinator will email you a payment link for the course, exam or both
5. Once you've made the payment you are officially registered
CERTIFICATION COURSE INFORMATION:
1. The course window runs Monday to Sunday
2. The course is entirely held online
3. The course consists of pre-recorded videos as well as PowerPoints
4. Individuals can go through the course at their own pace during the course window. We recommend setting aside 25 hours
5. We do offer a live Welcome Session on Monday, MB Case Study on Thursday, and Q&A Session on Friday. These aren't mandatory but recommended
CERTIFICATION EXAM INFORMATION:
1. The exam runs on Sunday from 9:00 AM EST to 12:00 PM EST
2. The exam is held online through a platform called ProProfs
3. The exam is proctored. Individuals must leave their webcam on during the exam but must stay muted
4. Individuals must join the call at 8:30 AM EST so their ID can be checked
5. If you need accommodation then please email email@example.com by the Thursday
CERTIFICATION STREAM INFORMATION:
In recognition of the specific clinical practice requirements for applicant of various clinical backgrounds and practice scopes, the C-CAT is offered through one of three training and examination streams.
We highly recommend everyone obtains a copy of the 4th edition of the AMA Guide's, and those taking the Mental Behaviour course to also obtain the 6th edition of the AMA Guide's.
Category Designation Course & Exam Stream Eligible Professions
Physical Medicine C-CAT (PM) C-CAT Physical Physicians (except Psychiatrists)
Medicine Track Allied Health Clinicians (Except
Mental Behavioural C-CAT (MB) C-CAT Mental Psychologists
Behavioural Track Neuropsychologists
Functional Observer C-CAT (FO) C-CAT Functional Occupational Therapists
CERTIFICATION MAINTENANCE INFORMATION:
1. Must complete a minimum of 3 hours per calendar year of continuing education directly relating to or relevant to the field of independent evaluations and disability management. This might include conference and/or webinar participation, research publication, or formal coursework. Any other proposed educational activities will require review by the credentialing committee on special request and with full documentation.
2. The C-CAT certification and designation is valid for a five (5) year period, following which the clinician must complete re-certification.
Successful completion of this program will qualify clinical participants to write the C-CAT Certification Exam. Please see the C-CAT Examination Regulations CLICK BELOW for more information